Popular Posts

Monday, November 29, 2010

Boisterous Beginnings

So the holidays have well and truly kicked off and have been amazingly fun. I have been caught between ashes/backyard cricket sessions, 21sts, trips to Wollongong, late night putt putt golf, lunches with friends and in there somewhere splatterings of basketball/gym. And the rest of December is planned in similarly spectacular fashion.
What particularly resonated with me was the trip to Wollongong with the boys, we spent 5 hours travelling to be there 4 hours. But it was much needed time to chill, we all regressed into our 13 year old sex crazed selves and proceeded to engage in an orgy of immaturity and badly phrased sex puns. The instant clicks, naughty looks, and subtle nods are all that is required to remind each other why we are all still Friends.
Part of why I particularly enjoyed the trip was because I really like my 13 year old self, he is like an old best friend that i only rarely catch glimpses of now because he is busy hi-fiveing his new friends and banging his girlfriend. And though you don't like to admit it... you miss the bastard.
If I could see my 13 year old self today and tell him anything. I wouldn't, despite the collossal mistakes he is about to make and the treacherous times he is about to fumble through, he is one happy bastard and I want him to stay that way. (okay maybe I'd tell him which girls turned out to be easy and how to get some, but thats about it).
One of my goals at the beginning of the holidays was to speak from the gut and develop a closer relationship with my own intuition. But the more i begin to speak from the gut the more i realise that my 13 year old self is living there. There is a certain immaturity and boisterous attitude that comes from there, but by god I'm happy when i do it. I'm happy when i break the shackles of hesitating before i say things for the fear it is not the right thing to say, I'm happy in my own self belief and trust that my opinion is all that matters to me.

If life just comes down to enjoying yourself, this is how I want to live life.

No comments:

Post a Comment